I am retiring
As those of you who are on my email list, or say my Instagram story yesterday already know, I am retiring. But, wanted to make sure that everyone else knew as well. So, here it is.
A while back, I found a list of my “Photography Goals”. This was a checklist of all the things I wanted out of my Illuminated Moments, why I opened it, and what my plans where. I wanted to share just a few of those with you:
- Photograph 100 Weddings
- On September 21st I will photograph my 100th wedding (unless I counted wrong)
- Have the chance to photograph my best friends’ weddings
- My last girlfriend got married this June.
- Be published nationally
- I actually did this one my second year in business, and then repeatedly after that.
- Photography 200 Families
- I will photograph my 397th family this year.
- Receive a customer service award
- You guys made sure that I have four national ones. 😀
- Provide for my family
- I only have you guys to thank for helping this studio provide for my family for the last five years. Thank you!
- Photograph a wedding at the AZ Grand Resort
- When I was just starting, it looked amazing. And I wanted to be THAT photographer, the one I saw out there all the time. Lindsay and Scott fulfilled that one for me. Thanks guys!
But then there was this goal:
- Use this business to start my other businesses
- And this is the only goal that I haven’t been able to achieve. I have so many other things that I want to do in my life. I started the beginnings of two more businesses this year. And in the process of doing that, I learned that I have to let some things go to achieve that final goal.
So, I am retiring from photography. All together. No more weddings, families, or seniors. I will not longer be available to hire for photography.
I am sad too
For the Studio
Currently, Illuminated Moments is for sale.
I have had two offers on this business already. I have turned them both down because I am only willing to pass my clients and their important moments over to someone that I can really trust.
Canyon Country Music Experience
This has been such a great and amazing thing for me and I have had SO MUCH FUN! But, that last goal is calling my name and it is time for me to move forward. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns for me.
I do not intend to leave anyone high and dry. I have lists of other amazing photographers for you as needed, you archive sites will stay intact, and I will do my best to make sure you are all taken care of.
This has been awesome. You guys are incredible. Thank you so much for all you have done in the last eight years.